Fire and Smoke
When fire and/or smoke hits your property, the damage can be overwhelming. You’ll need a team of professionals who have the experience to take care of you and your situation, help restore your belongings, and help put your mind at ease. Hahn E.R. can do just that!
Our restoration professionals will help restore your life and property when a fire or smoke disaster strikes. We’ll restore damage caused by fire, smoke, ash, and soot. We’ll extract all of the water used to extinguish the fire and dry out your home and belongings. We’ll even work with your insurance company to take care of you and your situation. Helping to get your life back to normal quickly and restore your property to like-new condition.
Here's How We Help:
- Fire Damage Repair and Reconstruction
- Smoke Damage Repair
- Ash & Soot Removal
- Water Extraction & Content Drying
- Professional Smoke Odor Removal
- Fire Tips and Precautions
Fire Cleanup Tips & Precautions
After fire damage, it is natural for you to want to jump right in and clean the building and contents. But, while timely action can be a great help, incorrect action can jeopardize restoration. Hahn E.R. will help lead the way to safe and effective cleanup.
Here are some tips and precautions when dealing with a fire cleanup situation:
- Don't wipe or attempt to wash fire residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Stay away from carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by heavy smoke residues or debris.
- Don't use food items or canned goods exposed to heat.
- Don't turn on computers, TVs, stereos, or other electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked.
- Do clean and protect chrome trim on faucets by washing with detergent and applying a coating of Vaseline or oil.
- Do blow off or brush-vacuum loose smoke particles from upholstery, draperies, and carpeting.
- Do open windows for ventilation, if weather permits.
- Do empty refrigerators and freezers if electricity is off. And, prop doors open with a rolled towel or newspaper to allow air circulation.
- Do pour antifreeze in toilet bowls, tanks, sinks, and tub drains to prevent freeze damage if heat is off in the winter.
- Do call a plumber to drain and blow out all water lines if heat is off in winter.
- Do remove pets to a clean environment if heavy fire residues are present.
- Do send a sample group of garments for cleaning and deodorization in order to observe the results.
- Do retain Hahn E.R. to board up open windows, roofs, or other penetrations in order to prevent additional damage.
Contact us today to learn more about our smoke and soot cleaning services in Riverside and across southeastern Iowa — 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.